Retail / Fashion Design Intern
Retail / Fashion Design Intern
If you ever tried to run a boutique out of your garage when you were 10, this internship is all about you! Mitscoots is out to find a dedicated Retail / Fashion Design Intern to help us make the best damn gear out there so we can help those in need. You’ll be based in Austin, Texas, which alone is enough reason for celebration. Better yet, you’ll be right in the middle of Mitscoots efforts to design and develop our made in America gear while making a positive impact on those less fortunate all over the country. You will work closely with other interns and staff making every effort to facilitate current and potential product design and gain first hand experience in retail design and development. Candidates must have an eye for detail, a love for pattern and be driven to step out from the crowd to make good things happen for those in need.
- Assisting in the product design and development process.
- Develop supplier database through research and outreach
- Researching textile applications / design & production development.
- Researching / sourcing new client relationships through the retail environment, magazines etc. sourcing contacts for special projects/collaborations.
- Sourcing & developing suppliers that meet company requirements where needed
- Inventory management using our internal systems.
- Meet / conference call with current and potential suppliers.
- Evaluate suppliers based on key criteria.
- Assist with Product Photography and creative campaigns.
- Manage supplies associated with all forms of Mitscoots Retail Design.
- Research and present potential product designs to Executive Team.
- Aid in Mitscoots event planning.
- Attend Mitscoots Events (requires the occasional weekend and evening)
- Assist in developing Standard Operating Procedures for all Retail / Fashion Design efforts within Mitscoots.
- A willingness to embrace challenging problems with a smile.
- A compassionate character that understands many personalities and can engage with individuals from all walks of life.
- A highly organized skillset with an ability to enforce deadlines.
- A passion for charities, giving back and making a difference.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for pattern and textiles.
- A passion for Social Enterprise and 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Currently enrolled in second year of University education or higher.
- A history of volunteering and/or giving resources.
- 15 to 20 hours/week un-paid. Intern benefits below.
- Full Semester Commitment (Fall, Spring, Summer) with option for internship renewal or promotion to Team Mitscoots if position is available and upon management approval.
- Flexible schedule. Tuesday/Thursday 8am-5pm recommended.
- Shared office space and remote work conditions
- Dog friendly work space (we love our little furry office assistants)
- Headquarters are in crazy awesome Austin, Texas
Mitscoots is a company with a mission: Get + Give + Employ. We are a lifestyle brand dedicated to making a high quality stylish product while accomplishing amazing things for those in need. By making 100% great American gear, we’re able to provide much needed items to those on the street and employ those transitioning out of homelessness. For us it’s not just a hand out, but also a hand up for those that need it most. Helping the homeless and less fortunate is the foundation of our company and the litmus test we use to judge every move we make. It gives us perspective and passion to focus on what matters most. We see a problem out there and every day we’re doing something about it.
That said, we have an amazing time doing it. Our days are filled with laughter, tacos, some crazy stories and a general sense of pride. While at Mitscoots, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and some solid good times.
Some benefits and perks of interning at Mitscoots:
- Free Socks & Gear (Discounts for friends and family!)
- Quarterly team outings.
- Exclusive Mitscoots insider info. (Some crazy cool stuff on the way)
- Catered meals (Breakfast tacos and Brisket are a must)
- Coffee dates
- Silly sock humor. Think Laffy Taffy jokes.
- Founder speaking engagements.
- Panels with Mitscoots team members.
- Potential Travel on National Mitscoots Giving Trips.
- Recommendation to future job applications from Executive Staff based on performance.
If you're game for it, send us an email with your resume / work samples / portfolio. Also make sure to specify which internship you are applying for.