Public Relations Intern
Public Relations Intern
Do you love to write as much as you love to talk? Both of those are good things and if you’re already excited than this internship is all about you! Mitscoots is out to find a dedicated PR / Community Outreach Intern to help us tell the world all about how we are helping those in need by making some great gear. You’ll be based in Austin, Texas, which alone is enough reason for celebration. Better yet, you’ll be right in the middle of all Mitscoots communication efforts while making a positive impact on those less fortunate all over the country. You will work closely with other interns and staff making every effort to tell our story in the best way possible through any means possible. Candidates must have an outgoing personality and a thorough communications knowledge to help us make good things happen for those in need.
- Monitor all forms of media for Mitscoots coverage
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Write press releases and other Mitscoots content. Pretty much if it needs to be written, we’re looking at you first.
- Create interview preparation materials.
- Develop media contact database through research and outreach.
- Contribute to social media campaigns with strategy and content.
- Develop potential PR campaigns and present to executive team.
- Manage PR schedule and propose improvements.
- Assist in communications with current PR firm.
- Greet guests and clients and attend related meetings.
- Evaluate media contacts and industry thought leaders based on key criteria.
- Establish first contact with potential industry thought leaders and maintain relationships.
- Manage sending samples for media inquiries.
- Attend Mitscoots Events (requires the occasional weekend and evening)
- Become an integral player in developing Standard Operating Procedures for all PR / Community Outreach efforts within Mitscoots
- A willingness to embrace challenging problems with a smile.
- A compassionate character that understands many personalities and can engage with individuals from all walks of life.
- A highly organized skillset with an ability to enforce deadlines.
- A passion for charities, giving back and making a difference.
- Very Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- A passion for Social Enterprise and 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Experience with all relevant social media platforms
- Thorough knowledge of previous Mitscoots coverage.
- Currently enrolled in second year of University education or higher.
- A history of volunteering and/or giving resources.
- 15 to 20 hours/week un-paid. Intern benefits below.
- Full Semester Commitment (Fall, Spring, Summer) with option for internship renewal or promotion to Team Mitscoots if position is available and upon management approval.
- Flexible schedule. Tuesday/Thursday 8am-5pm recommended.
- Shared office space and remote work conditions
- Dog friendly work space (we love our little furry office assistants)
- Headquarters are in crazy awesome Austin, Texas
Mitscoots is a company with a mission: Get + Give + Employ. We are a lifestyle brand dedicated to making a high quality stylish product while accomplishing amazing things for those in need. By making 100% great American gear, we’re able to provide much needed items to those on the street and employ those transitioning out of homelessness. For us it’s not just a hand out, but also a hand up for those that need it most. Helping the homeless and less fortunate is the foundation of our company and the litmus test we use to judge every move we make. It gives us perspective and passion to focus on what matters most. We see a problem out there and every day we’re doing something about it.
That said, we have an amazing time doing it. Our days are filled with laughter, tacos, some crazy stories and a general sense of pride. While at Mitscoots, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and some solid good times.
Some benefits and perks of interning at Mitscoots:
- Free Socks & Gear (Discounts for friends and family!)
- Quarterly team outings.
- Exclusive Mitscoots insider info. (Some crazy cool stuff on the way)
- Catered meals (Breakfast tacos and Brisket are a must)
- Coffee dates
- Silly sock humor. Think Laffy Taffy jokes.
- Founder speaking engagements.
- Panels with Mitscoots team members.
- Potential Travel on National Mitscoots Giving Trips.
- Recommendation to future job applications from Executive Staff based on performance.
If you're game for it, send us an email with your resume / work samples / portfolio. Also make sure to specify which internship you are applying for.