Graphic Design / Art Direction Intern
Graphic Design / Art Direction Intern
Have you ever looked at the kerning of a sign and it drove you all kinds of crazy? Do you know what kerning is? If not, this might not be your gig. But, if you are leaning on the side of OCD and love to make things beautiful/awesome, this internship is all about you! Mitscoots is out to find a dedicated Graphic Design / Art Direction Intern to help us show the world what we’re all about and how we’re helping those in need. You’ll be based in Austin, Texas, which alone is enough reason for celebration. Better yet, you’ll be right in the middle of all Mitscoots visual efforts while making a positive impact on those less fortunate all over the country. This is a serious deal and you’re going strait to work making all things Mitscoots. Candidates must be detail oriented with a solid understanding of art principals to help us make good things happen for those in need.
- Design static and animated digital banners
- Photo retouching, research, and photo inventory management.
- Contribute to promotional campaigns with strategy and content.
- Develop potential campaigns and present to executive team.
- General graphic design, including icon, logo and product packaging
- Assist in print production.
- Assist in web development and email marketing design
- Create website and social media graphics
- Develop assets for co-branding partnerships.
- Stellar Photography skills
- Attend Mitscoots Events (requires the occasional weekend and evening)
- Become an integral player in developing Standard Operating Procedures for all visual efforts within Mitscoots
- You live for art and design.
- BA, MA, or MFA in Advertising, Design, or related field (and currently in the final years of your degree program)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. (Photoshop and Illustrator a must)
- Proficiency in presentation software, like Keynote, PowerPoint or similar
- Excellent design and ideation skills
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
- A highly organized skillset with an ability to enforce deadlines.
- A passion for charities, giving back and making a difference.
- A passion for Social Enterprise and 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of current Mitscoots brand identity.
- A history of volunteering and/or giving resources.
- 15 to 20 hours/week un-paid. Intern benefits below.
- Full Semester Commitment (Fall, Spring, Summer) with option for internship renewal or promotion to Team Mitscoots if position is available and upon management approval.
- Flexible schedule. Tuesday/Thursday 8am-5pm recommended.
- Shared office space and remote work conditions
- Dog friendly work space (we love our little furry office assistants)
- Headquarters are in crazy awesome Austin, Texas
Mitscoots is a company with a mission: Get + Give + Employ. We are a lifestyle brand dedicated to making a high quality stylish product while accomplishing amazing things for those in need. By making 100% great American gear, we’re able to provide much needed items to those on the street and employ those transitioning out of homelessness. For us it’s not just a hand out, but also a hand up for those that need it most. Helping the homeless and less fortunate is the foundation of our company and the litmus test we use to judge every move we make. It gives us perspective and passion to focus on what matters most. We see a problem out there and every day we’re doing something about it.
That said, we have an amazing time doing it. Our days are filled with laughter, tacos, some crazy stories and a general sense of pride. While at Mitscoots, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and some solid good times.
Some benefits and perks of interning at Mitscoots:
- Free Socks & Gear (Discounts for friends and family!)
- Quarterly team outings.
- Exclusive Mitscoots insider info. (Some crazy cool stuff on the way)
- Catered meals (Breakfast tacos and Brisket are a must)
- Coffee dates
- Silly sock humor. Think Laffy Taffy jokes.
- Founder speaking engagements.
- Panels with Mitscoots team members.
- Potential Travel on National Mitscoots Giving Trips.
- Recommendation to future job applications from Executive Staff based on performance.
If you're game for it, send us an email with your resume / work samples / portfolio. Also make sure to specify which internship you are applying for.