Digital Marketing / Social Media Intern
Digital Marketing / Social Media Intern
Would you say you have more friends online than in real life? It’s not weird, It’s awesome and we want you to join Team Mitscoots. If you live for social media than this internship is all about you! Mitscoots is out to find a dedicated Social Media Intern to help us tell the world all about how we’re helping those in need. You’ll be based in Austin, Texas, which alone is enough reason for celebration. Better yet, you’ll be right in the middle of all Mitscoots communication efforts while making a positive impact on those less fortunate all over the country. You will work closely with other interns and staff making every effort to tell our story through social media and be an integral part of our team. Candidates must have an outgoing personality and a thorough social media / communications knowledge to help us make good things happen for those in need.
- Monitor all current Mitscoots social media accounts.
- Schedule and coordinate speaking social media efforts
- Contribute to Mitscoots website content. Be bold, be brief, be gone.
- Evaluate promoted social media opportunities based on key criteria.
- Contribute to current social media campaigns with strategy and content.
- Develop potential social media campaigns and present to executive team.
- Manage social media schedule and propose improvements.
- Research upcoming social media platforms and evaluate opportunities.
- Attend Mitscoots Events (requires the occasional weekend and evening)
- Become an integral player in developing Standard Operating Procedures for all Social media / PR / Community Outreach efforts within Mitscoots
- A willingness to embrace challenging problems with a smile.
- A compassionate character that understands many personalities and can engage with individuals from all walks of life.
- A highly organized skillset with an ability to enforce deadlines.
- A passion for charities, giving back and making a difference.
- Very Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Majoring in Public Relations, Advertising, Communications or Marketing
- A passion for Social Enterprise and 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Experience with all relevant social media platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of current Mitscoots social media.
- Currently enrolled in second year of University education or higher.
- A history of volunteering and/or giving resources.
- 15 to 20 hours/week un-paid. Intern benefits below.
- Full Semester Commitment (Fall, Spring, Summer) with option for internship renewal or promotion to Team Mitscoots if position is available and upon management approval.
- Flexible schedule. Tuesday/Thursday 8am-5pm recommended.
- Shared office space and remote work conditions
- Dog friendly work space (we love our little furry office assistants)
- Headquarters are in crazy awesome Austin, Texas
Mitscoots is a company with a mission: Get + Give + Employ. We are a lifestyle brand dedicated to making a high quality stylish product while accomplishing amazing things for those in need. By making 100% great American gear, we’re able to provide much needed items to those on the street and employ those transitioning out of homelessness. For us it’s not just a hand out, but also a hand up for those that need it most. Helping the homeless and less fortunate is the foundation of our company and the litmus test we use to judge every move we make. It gives us perspective and passion to focus on what matters most. We see a problem out there and every day we’re doing something about it.
That said, we have an amazing time doing it. Our days are filled with laughter, tacos, some crazy stories and a general sense of pride. While at Mitscoots, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and some solid good times.
Some benefits and perks of interning at Mitscoots:
- Free Socks & Gear (Discounts for friends and family!)
- Quarterly team outings.
- Exclusive Mitscoots insider info. (Some crazy cool stuff on the way)
- Catered meals (Breakfast tacos and Brisket are a must)
- Coffee dates
- Silly sock humor. Think Laffy Taffy jokes.
- Founder speaking engagements.
- Panels with Mitscoots team members.
- Potential Travel on National Mitscoots Giving Trips.
- Recommendation to future job applications from Executive Staff based on performance.
If you're game for it, send us an email with your resume / work samples / portfolio. Also make sure to specify which internship you are applying for.